The THIRD_PARTY_FILE_SYSTEM_FAILURE error check has the value 0x00000108, indicating that an unrecoverable problem has occurred in a third-party file system or file system filter. It occurs due to damaged hard disk partitions or damaged SCSI/IDE drivers.
It’s a Blue Screen Of Death stop code. One possible cause of this error check is damage to the hard disk. Corruption in a third-party file system or defective blocks (sectors) on the hard disk can cause this error. Corrupted SCSI and IDE drivers can also affect the read and write capability of the Windows operating system and cause the error.
Another possible cause is the depletion of the pool memory that has not been outsourced. If the pool that has not been removed from storage is completely exhausted, this error may shut down the system.
How to fix Error code 0x00000108 Blue screen of death:
Check Event Viewer
Check the Event Viewer for error messages from SCSI, IDE, or other disk controllers in the system that might help locate the device or driver that is causing the error.
Disable any antivirus, backup programs or defragmentation tools that constantly monitor the system. You must also perform a hardware diagnostic provided by the file system or file system filter manufacturer.
Ask yourself what you just did.
You have just installed a new program or hardware, updated a driver, installed a Windows update, etc. If so, there is a very good chance that the change you made caused BSOD.
Cancel the change you have made and retest to detect the STOP error.
Using Rollback Driver Function
The Roll Back Driver function, available in Device Manager in all versions of Windows, is used to uninstall the current driver from a hardware device and automatically install the previously installed driver.
- Resetting a Windows Driver
- Open the Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, locate the device for which you want to reset the driver.
- After finding the hardware for which you want to reset the driver, press and hold the device name or icon or right-click and select Properties.
- In the Device Properties window, tap or click the Driver tab.
- On the Driver tab, press or click the Reset Driver button.
- Touch or click the Yes button to return to the question “Are you sure you want to return to the previously installed driver?
- Close the screen with the device properties.
- Press or click Yes in the “Change System Preferences” dialog box, which says: “Your hardware settings have changed. You must restart your computer for these changes to take effect. Do you want to restart your computer now?”
- Your computer will restart automatically.
STOP error 0x00000108 means that an unrecoverable problem has occurred in a third-party file system. Try the above solutions and let us know if it worked.[Top]